Comment on page
Starting in version 9.2.1 Brighter now supports Open Telemetry Tracing
The below code will
- Enable OpenTelemetry tracing
- Set the service name to "ProducerService"
- Set OpenTelemetry traving to listen to all Brighter and Microsoft sources
- Export the telemetry tracts to Jaeger
//The name of the service
const myServiceName = "ProducerService"
var jaegerEndpoint = new Uri("http://localhost:9411/api/v2/spans");
using var tracerProvider =
o.Endpoint = jaegerEndpoint;
The activity sources that Brighter emits from are:
- Paramore.Brighter - Traces started in the Command Processor will be given this (Including Outbox Sweeper)
- Paramore.Brighter.ServiceActivator - Traces Started in the Service Activator
Please note that Brighter will honor existing spans, i.e. When using ASPNet a Request will start a trace, it is for this reason that the sample above also includes "Microsft.*" as Bighter will participate in an active trace.
This distributed traces shows a message that is produced from an ASP.Net request and the consumed by Service Activator
At this time Brighter records the following events